The third annual Red Scarf Campaign, leading up to World AIDS Day on December 1st, launches on November 27th in Barrie, Midland and Orillia. Four expert knitting groups have joined the Gilbert Centre to decorate the downtowns with red scarves.
Several events have been including:
- Monday November 27, 2017 – Barrie
- Monday November 27, 2017 – Orillia
- Tuesday November 28, 2017 – Midland
- Friday December 1, 2017 – Barrie: World AIDS Day Gilbert Centre Open House. 80 Bradford Street Suite 345 from 2:00 to 4:00 pm. The event will include remarks from MPP Anne Hogarth, HIV Activist Randy Davis, and the reading of a poem “What is AIDS” reading by Kellie Leeder.
HIV/AIDS Awareness Week and the Red Scarf Project promotes education as key in eliminating stigma and discrimination.
- Over 70,000 Canadians are living with HIV.
- 25% of people living with HIV are unaware.
- HIV is now considered a chronic disease because of medical advancements.
Let’s get talking about HIV!
For press release information please email Gerry Croteau or call at 705-722-6778 x102.